Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Offer I Can't Refuse???

(WARNING!!! This post should be read with a sense of humor... so if you're missing that... DON'T read this!)

It was 1 a.m. & I blinked my eyes as I looked at the gruesome crime scene before me. All I can say is that I hope Mr. Potato Head didn't suffer long. This type of senseless crime in such a good neighborhood is unspeakable! To steal a line (or some derivative of it) from The Godfather I think I was given an offer I can't refuse... You see I was crawling into bed last night where I found a Mr. Potato Head, a handful of his "parts", a half eaten apple, & something that resembled crushed apple jacks. This was the type of scene that I would have remembered if it were there when I got out of bed that morning... So this "incident" had to have happened at some point during the day.... when my head was turned...

As with most of the stories I share about my dear little Dinner Roll, I rarely see the events as they happen, only the effects. This isn't to say that I'm not watching him, because trust me! I DO!

All I can say about this child is that he is quick and crafty. I'm pretty sure my mom can testify to that fact since Dinner Roll pooped in the front yard and all she did was turn around for a second. Anyway, I digress....

As I was standing there at 1 a.m. contemplating whether I should change the sheets or try to wipe the apple jack dust out of my bed I was reminded of a time in college where I played a practical joke on a friend. It was a simple joke... I crumbled a pack of crackers in her bed. She got back to her room after working a double and was extremely mad at me (go figure!). Truth be told I still giggle at the memory, but I'm beginning to realize that maybe Dinner Roll is a "mini me"? While his antics aren't that well thought out I can see he's practicing for future performances... or maybe he really was giving me an offer I can't refuse?? If this is the case, I think I'm in trouble... at any rate... I ended up changing the sheets... apple jack dust is way worse than crumbled crackers, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment